The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) is a project funded by the World Bank and hosted by the Centre for Coastal Management, University of Ghana Cape Coast. The aim of the project is to enhance the capacity of African researchers, professionals, and students to address the challenges of coastal degradation, climate change, and sustainable development.
The ACECoR project offers scholarships for African students to enroll in its MPhil and PhD degree programmes in various fields related to coastal resilience. The scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, monthly stipends, field research grants, and other material and technical support. The scholarship also provides opportunities for students to present their research results at local and international conferences and publish their papers in high impact journals.
To be eligible for the ACECoR scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of an African country.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (Second Class Lower Division or equivalent) in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline for the MPhil programme, or a master’s degree with research in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline for the PhD programme, from a recognized university.
- Demonstrate strong interest and ability in research, development, and innovation in science and technology, as well as the ability to work independently and collaboratively in an international multidisciplinary environment.
- Have a good command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Submit a completed scholarship application form, certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, curriculum vitae, statement of motivation, two letters of recommendation (at least one from a former lecturer/supervisor), and a 2-3 page research proposal in the preferred area of specialisation.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
The ACECoR scholarships cover the following expenses for the duration of the programme:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Monthly stipends
- Field research grants
- Conference attendance and publication fees
- Other material and technical support
Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the University of Ghana Cape Coast and the specific requirements of the ACECoR programme. Applicants must also submit all the required documents and information as specified in the scholarship application form.
The following documents are required for the scholarship application:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Certified true copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of motivation
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a former lecturer/supervisor)
- A 2-3 page research proposal in the preferred area of specialization.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The application procedure for the ACECoR scholarships is as follows:
- Download and fill out the scholarship application form.
- Attach all the required documents and information as specified in the form.
- Send the completed application form and attachments as a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ACECoR Scholarship Application – MPhil/PhD”.
- Wait for the confirmation email from the ACECoR project team.
- If shortlisted, attend an interview (either online or in person) with the ACECoR selection committee.
- If successful, receive an offer letter from the University of Ghana Cape Coast and accept it within the specified deadline.
- Prepare for visa application and travel arrangements with the assistance of the ACECoR project team.
The deadline for submitting the scholarship application is September 30, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for the World Bank ACECoR Masters And PhD Scholarships For Africans 2024-2025, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the ACECoR project to know more.
Scholarship Official website: World Bank ACECoR Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans 2024-2025.