Are you an African student looking for a fully-funded scholarship to pursue your undergraduate degree at a world-class university? If yes, then you might be interested in the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) for the September (Fall) 2024 intake.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is open to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. The scholarship targets African youth who are either:
- Young Women
- Refugees/displaced Youth
- Persons with Disability
- Young Men
The applicants must also have the following qualities:
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
Priority shall be given to registered Refugees/Displaced youth and Persons with Disability.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must also:
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST): Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS): Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA): Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB): Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS): Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is a fully-funded scholarship that covers the following expenses for the selected scholars:
- Tuition fees
- Medical insurance
- Transportation costs
The scholarship also provides academic support, leadership development, career guidance, mentoring, and community service opportunities for the scholars.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete and submit the online application form by the deadline
- Attach all the required documents as listed below
- Provide accurate and honest information in the application form
- Agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the scholarship
The following documents are required to be attached to the online application form:
- Copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Copies of national identification card or passport
- Proof of refugee status or disability (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation from persons who can attest to your academic abilities and leadership potential
- A personal statement (not more than 500 words) explaining why you are interested in the scholarship and how it will help you achieve your goals
The application procedure for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship program and read all the information carefully.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and create an account using your email address and password.
- Log in to your account and fill out the online application form with your personal details, academic background, preferred degree program, and other relevant information.
- Upload all the required documents as mentioned above.
- Review your application form and make sure everything is correct and complete.
- Submit your application form before the deadline.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The deadline for applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa for the September (Fall) 2024 intake is April 30th, 2024. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa, please follow this link to access the online application form. You will need to create an account and log in to complete and submit your application. For any queries or assistance, you can contact the scholarship program office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254730116000.
Scholarship Official website: USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2024/2025