University of Stirling in Scotland offers a scholarship for the MSc/MLitt in Gender Studies (Applied) program, funded by the family of Dr Dee Amy-Chinn, a former lecturer and founder of the program who passed away in 2015. The scholarship aims to support students with diverse life experiences who are passionate about gender, feminist and queer issues.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold a current offer from the University of Stirling for the MSc/MLitt Gender Studies (Applied) program
- Demonstrate academic excellence and potential in the field of gender studies
- Provide a personal statement that explains how their life experiences have influenced their interest in gender studies and their career aspirations
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The scholarship covers £2,000 of the tuition fees for the program, which can be either full-time or part-time. The scholarship is paid in two instalments for full-time students and four instalments for part-time students.
Applicants must submit the following documents along with their application form:
- A copy of their offer letter from the University of Stirling
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words that addresses the following questions:
- How have your life experiences shaped your interest in gender studies?
- How will the scholarship help you achieve your academic and professional goals?
- How do you intend to contribute to the field of gender studies and the wider society?
The deadline for applications for students commencing study in September 2024 is Friday 2 June 2024.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must first apply for admission to the MSc/MLitt Gender Studies (Applied) program through the University of Stirling online application system. Applicants must meet the entry requirements and provide all the necessary documents, including transcripts, references, and a research proposal. After receiving an offer letter from the university, applicants can then apply for the scholarship by following the application procedure described above.