The University of Otago is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in New Zealand, offering a wide range of academic programs and research opportunities. If you are looking for a fully funded PhD scholarship to pursue your doctoral studies at the University of Otago, you may be interested in applying for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship 2024.
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who are seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification. The scholarship is available for candidates who are applying for a PhD or a professional doctorate, such as DClinDent, DMA, DBA, or EdD. The selection is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with first-class or second-class (division I) honours, or a master’s degree with a suitable research component from a recognized university.
- Meet the admission requirements for your chosen doctoral program at the University of Otago.
- Have a confirmed supervisor and a provisional research proposal approved by the relevant department.
- Have not previously held a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship or any other doctoral scholarship funded by the New Zealand government.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship provides the following benefits to the successful applicants:
- A stipend of NZ$30,696 per annum for up to 36 months (three years).
- A tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months (three years) at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance).
- Access to research and travel grants, conference funding, and other support services from the Graduate Research School.
To apply for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship, you must:
- Complete an online application for admission to your doctoral program through the eVision portal.
- Receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for the scholarship.
- Complete an online application for the scholarship through the eVision portal, providing your personal details, academic transcripts, research proposal, and referee reports.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
The following documents are required for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship application:
- A copy of your academic transcripts and certificates from all previous tertiary qualifications.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume, highlighting your academic achievements, publications, awards, and relevant work experience.
- A copy of your research proposal, outlining the aims, objectives, methodology, significance, and expected outcomes of your doctoral project.
- Two referee reports from academic or professional referees who can comment on your academic ability and research potential.
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship has no specific closing date. You can apply for the scholarship at any time of the year. However, you are advised to apply at least three months before your intended start date to allow sufficient time for processing your application. The scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis, subject to availability of funds and supervision.
The application procedure consists of the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships and read the detailed information and regulations about the scholarship.
- Visit the official website of the University of Otago [Graduate Research School] and explore the available doctoral programs and research areas that suit your interests and goals.
- Contact potential supervisors from the relevant department or school and discuss your research proposal with them. Obtain their consent and approval for supervision before applying for admission.
- Register an account on the eVision portal and complete an online application for admission to your chosen doctoral program. Upload all the required documents and pay the application fee if applicable.
- Receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship. Follow the instructions and complete an online application for the scholarship. Upload all the required documents and submit your application.
- Wait for the outcome of your application. You will be notified by email whether you have been offered a place in your doctoral program and a scholarship award.
The deadline for applying for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is rolling. You can apply at any time of the year.
How to Apply
To apply for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship 2024, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit [this link] to access the eVision portal.
- Log in with your username and password or create a new account if you are a new user.
- Complete an online application for admission to your doctoral program and an online application for the scholarship.
- Upload all the required documents and submit your application.
Scholarship Official website: University of Otago PhD Scholarship 2024