The University of Bristol is one of the leading research universities in the UK, ranked among the top 50 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2022. The university offers a wide range of academic programs and disciplines, from arts and humanities to engineering and health sciences. The university is also committed to attracting and supporting talented international students who wish to pursue their studies at Bristol.
To achieve this goal, the university has launched the Think Big Scholarship scheme, which provides funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world. The scholarships are available for any field of study (except medicine, dentistry and veterinary science) and can cover up to 100% of the tuition fees. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, potential and financial need.
To be eligible for the Think Big Scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as an overseas student for fee purposes
- Have applied to start any full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of Bristol in September 2024
- Meet the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course
- Demonstrate your academic excellence, potential and financial need in your scholarship application
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The Think Big Scholarship offers different levels of funding depending on your level of study and the amount of tuition fees for your course. The scholarship awards are as follows:
- Undergraduate students: £6,500 or £13,000 per year
- Postgraduate students: £6,500, £13,000 or £26,000 per year
- Living cost bursary: £3,000 for the first year of study (for selected applicants)
The scholarship awards can only be used towards the cost of tuition fees and cannot be used for living expenses or other costs. The scholarships are renewable for each year of study, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
To apply for the Think Big Scholarship, you will need to:
- Complete an online application form for your chosen course at the University of Bristol by the relevant deadline
- Complete an online scholarship application form by the relevant deadline
- Provide a personal statement of up to 350 words explaining why you want to study at Bristol, how you will contribute to the university community and how the scholarship will help you achieve your academic and career goals
- Provide evidence of your financial need, such as a bank statement or a letter from a sponsor
- Provide any additional documents required by your course or department, such as transcripts, references or portfolios
The documents you will need to submit for your scholarship application may vary depending on your course and department. However, some of the common documents you will need are:
- A copy of your passport or national ID card
- A copy of your academic transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your English language test results (if applicable)
- A copy of your CV or resume
- A copy of your personal statement
- A copy of your financial evidence
You should upload these documents as PDF files in the online scholarship application form. You should also name each file clearly and include your name and student number. You should not send any hard copies of your documents by post or email.
How to Apply
The application procedure for the Think Big Scholarship consists of two steps:
- Apply for admission to the University of Bristol: You should first apply for your chosen course at the University of Bristol through the online application system. You should check the entry requirements, deadlines and supporting documents for your course before applying. You should also indicate in your application that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Apply for the Think Big Scholarship: After you have submitted your application for admission, you will receive an email with a link to the online scholarship application form. You should complete this form by the relevant deadline and upload all the required documents. You should also check your email regularly for any updates or requests from the scholarship team.
The deadlines for applying for the Think Big Scholarship are different for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The deadlines are as follows:
- Undergraduate students: 27 February 2024 (10 am UK time)
- Postgraduate students: 24 April 2024 (10 am UK time)
You should apply as early as possible to increase your chances of receiving a scholarship. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Official website: University of Bristol Think Big Scholarship 2024-2025