The University of Alberta is one of the top public research universities in Canada, offering more than 200 undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study. The university is also home to more than 40,000 students from over 170 countries, making it a diverse and multicultural learning environment.
If you are an international student who wants to pursue your higher education at the University of Alberta, you may be eligible for various scholarships and awards that can help you fund your studies. In this article, we will provide you with the details of some of the most prestigious and generous scholarships offered by the University of Alberta for the academic year 2024-2025.
To be eligible for any of the scholarships offered by the University of Alberta, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Student Visa Permit.
- You must have applied for admission to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the University of Alberta before the scholarship deadline.
- You must have a minimum admission average of 80% or equivalent on your previous academic record.
- You must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, community involvement, and financial need (for some scholarships).
The University of Alberta offers various types of scholarships for international students, ranging from $5,000 to $120,000 CAD. Some of the scholarships are based on admission average and do not require a separate application, while others are based on application and require additional documents and essays. Here are some examples of the scholarships available for international students:
- International Admission Scholarship: Up to $9,000 CAD, payable over four years, depending on admission average.
- Regional Excellence Scholarship: Up to $5,000 CAD, based on admission average and region of origin.
- Gold Standard Scholarship: Up to $6,000 CAD, awarded to the top 5% of students in each faculty, depending on admission average.
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship: Up to $120,000 CAD, payable over four years, for students with a superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- International Leader Scholarship: Up to $15,000 CAD, for well-rounded leaders with superior academics.
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship: Up to $100,000 CAD, payable over four years, for Chinese or Hong Kong citizens with a superior admission average and self-declared financial need.
- University of Alberta Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students: Up to $53,000 CAD per year for a maximum of four years, for students with strong International Baccalaureate Diploma academic standing, indicated financial need and demonstrated leadership who are from Aga Khan Academies.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
To apply for any of the scholarships offered by the University of Alberta, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a valid email address and a CCID (Campus Computing ID) that you will receive after applying for admission to the university.
- You must complete and submit the online scholarship application form by the deadline.
- You must upload all the required documents and essays as instructed on the application form.
- You must ensure that your application is complete and accurate before submitting it.
The documents that you need to submit for your scholarship application may vary depending on the type and number of scholarships that you are applying for. However, some of the common documents that you may need to provide are:
- A copy of your passport or national identity card
- A copy of your academic transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your English language proficiency test score (if applicable)
- A copy of your Student Visa Permit (if available)
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A personal statement or essay
- A letter of recommendation
- A proof of financial need (if applicable)
The application procedure for the scholarships offered by the University of Alberta is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the University of Alberta and find out more about the scholarships that you are interested in.
- Apply for admission to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the University of Alberta before the scholarship deadline.
- After receiving your CCID, log in to the online scholarship application portal and fill out the application form.
- Upload all the required documents and essays as instructed on the application form.
- Review your application carefully and submit it by the deadline.
- Wait for the notification of the scholarship results via email.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The deadline for applying for most of the scholarships offered by the University of Alberta is January 10, 2024. However, some scholarships may have different deadlines or may be open throughout the year. Therefore, it is advisable to check the official website for the latest information and updates.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the scholarships offered by the University of Alberta, you must follow the steps mentioned above and submit your application online through the scholarship application portal. You must not send any hard copies or email attachments of your application or documents to the university. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the university’s Student Connect office for assistance.
Scholarship Official website: University Of Alberta International Scholarships In Canada 2024