Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is one of the leading research-intensive universities in Singapore and Asia, offering a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various fields of study. NTU is ranked among the top universities in the world by various international rankings, such as QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and Academic Ranking of World Universities.
NTU also offers a variety of scholarships to outstanding freshmen pursuing their full-time undergraduate studies, based on academic merit, leadership potential, and co-curricular achievements. One of the most prestigious scholarships offered by NTU is the Nanyang Scholarship, which is awarded to exceptional students who demonstrate excellence in all aspects of their academic and personal development.
The Nanyang Scholarship is open to all nationalities who meet the following criteria:
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NTU.
- The scholarship will cover the years of study at NTU, subject to satisfactory academic performance and good conduct.
- Applicants must possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must have excellent co-curricular records and strong leadership qualities and potential.
- Applicants must not hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards, unless otherwise approved by NTU.
The Nanyang Scholarship covers the following expenses for the scholarship holders:
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only).
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas programme subject to terms and conditions.
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
The Nanyang Scholarship does not impose any bond on the scholarship holders, apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
To apply for the Nanyang Scholarship, applicants must:
- Submit an online application for admission to NTU.
- Indicate on the online application form that they wish to be considered for the Nanyang Scholarship.
- Complete and submit a scholarship application form online by the stipulated deadline.
- Provide supporting documents such as academic transcripts, co-curricular activity records, testimonials or certificates of achievements, and any other relevant documents that may support their application.
- Attend a selection interview if shortlisted by NTU.
The following documents are required for the Nanyang Scholarship application:
- A copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
- A copy of the applicant’s final or preliminary examination results (such as GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications).
- A copy of the applicant’s co-curricular activity records for the past two years (such as certificates of participation or achievement in sports, arts, leadership, community service or other activities).
- A copy of the applicant’s testimonials or letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors or employers (if any).
- A personal essay of not more than 300 words on why the applicant deserves the Nanyang Scholarship and how he or she can contribute to NTU and society.
- Any other documents that may support the applicant’s application (such as awards, publications, portfolios or research projects).
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
How to Apply
The application procedure for the Nanyang Scholarship is as follows:
- Applicants must first apply for admission to NTU through the online application portal.
- Applicants must indicate on the online application form that they wish to be considered for the Nanyang Scholarship.
- Applicants must complete and submit a scholarship application form online by 1 December 2023. The scholarship application form will require applicants to provide their personal details, academic achievements, co-curricular activities, leadership experiences, personal essay and supporting documents.
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email upon successful submission of their scholarship application form.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend a selection interview conducted by NTU faculty members and/or senior administrators. The interview will assess the applicants’ suitability for the scholarship based on their academic performance, co-curricular involvement, leadership potential and personal qualities. The interview may be conducted face-to-face or via video conferencing depending on the availability and location of the applicants.
- The final outcome of the scholarship application will be announced by March 2024. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship offer letter from NTU with details on the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The deadline for the Nanyang Scholarship application is 1st December 2023. Applicants are advised to submit their applications as early as possible to avoid any technical issues or delays.
Scholarship Official website: Nanyang Technological University (NTU) 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship Programme