The MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a fully funded opportunity sponsored by the Department of State’s U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI). The program aims to support talented and motivated students from socioeconomically underserved backgrounds who represent the MENA region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity. The program offers undergraduate and graduate scholarships for students to study at one of the partner universities: the American University of Beirut, the Lebanese American University, and the American University in Cairo.
Benefits of the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program
The MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program covers all the expenses related to the academic program, including:
- Tuition and enrollment fees (for a maximum period of four academic years for undergraduate students and two academic years for graduate students)
- University health insurance
- Entrance visa and residency permit fees
- Student housing
- Monthly living stipend when participating in TL activities
- Textbook allowance
- Laptop (for use for the duration of the program)
- Two round-trip tickets to home country, territory, or place of residence per year
In addition to the financial support, the program also provides various opportunities for personal and professional development, such as:
- Civic leadership and career-oriented workshops
- Internship placements
- Faculty mentorship and guidance
- Study abroad at a university in the United States (for undergraduate students)
- Graduate assistantships or research assistantships (for graduate students)
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
Eligibility Criteria for the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries/territories: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank/Gaza, and Yemen.
- Be a current high school senior or 2022-2023 graduate (for undergraduate applicants) or have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (for graduate applicants).
- Demonstrate strong academic performance and potential.
- Demonstrate financial need and lack of educational opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and commitment to civic engagement.
- Have proficiency in written and spoken English. Applicants may be required to take an English language assessment provided by Arizona State University (ASU).
- Be willing to enroll in a full-time program of study at one of the partner universities.
- Be willing to participate in all TL activities and abide by the program’s rules and regulations.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
How to Apply for the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program
The application process for the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is online and consists of several steps:
- Fill out the online application form here. You will need to provide personal information, academic information, financial information, essay questions, and references.
- Submit your official transcripts or certified copies of your academic records. You may also need to submit your leaving exam results or equivalent (for undergraduate applicants) or your bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent (for graduate applicants).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, mentors, or supervisors who can attest to your academic abilities and leadership potential.
- Submit proof of financial need, such as income statements, tax returns, bank statements, or other documents that show your family’s income and expenses.
- If you are invited to take the ASU English language assessment, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access and complete the test online.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by email or phone to schedule a date and time for the interview. The interview will be conducted either in person or via video conference.
The application deadline for the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program 2024/2025 is November 30, 2023. Applicants are advised to start their application process as early as possible and to check their email regularly for any updates or notifications from the program.
Scholarship Official website: MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program 2024/2025
See More Posts