FIPDes is a two-year academic programme that aims to tackle the global challenges of food innovation along with product design and packaging. It is offered by a consortium of four European universities: Université Paris Saclay and AgroParisTech (France), TU Dublin (Ireland), UNINA (Italy) and Lund University (Sweden). FIPDes is part of the elite Erasmus Mundus Programme, renowned for its academic excellence and international mobility.
To be eligible for FIPDes, you need to have:
- A BSc degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 higher education credits in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry or related fields.
- A demonstrated English B2 (advanced) language proficiency level, proven by one of the following ways:
- TOEFL ITP at minimum level 575
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90
- IELTS (Academic) at minimum level 6.5
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE) , Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of passport is needed to prove this)
- Students who have completed (or who are currently completing) a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this)
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this)
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level
The FIPDes programme has a tuition fee of € 9.000/year for non-EU students and € 4.500/year for EU students. However, the European Commission offers a few Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the very best candidates. The scholarship covers the subscription fees and contributes to the travel costs and subsistence costs (1.000€ per month) for EU and non-EU students.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The FIPDes programme adopts a holistic and cross-disciplinary approach to food innovation: from concept through prototypes to consumption, from raw materials to packaged goods. The programme consists of four semesters, each with a different focus and location:
- Semester 1: Food Science and Technology at AgroParisTech (France)
- Semester 2: Culinary Innovation at TU Dublin (Ireland)
- Semester 3: Food Design and Engineering at UNINA (Italy) or Lund University (Sweden)
- Semester 4: Master Thesis at one of the partner universities or associated partners (academic, research or industrial bodies)
The programme also includes summer schools, study trips, industrial visits, and internships to enhance the students’ learning experience and employability.
The application to the FIPDes programme is made with the online application tool. The following documents must be uploaded on the online application tool:
- Completed application form (using the provided online tool)
- Scan of Passport (with photo, date of expiry and personal details / ID can be accepted for European students only)
- Curriculum Vitae (if possible in European Format, see the Europass Website)
- Letter of Motivation: There is no minimum nor maximum length for the motivation letter. However usually it’s 1 to 2 pages. The letter should be addressed to the FIPDes Consortium.
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent (Scan of the official degree or temporary certificates required)
- Translation of Diploma (if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Transcripts of academic records for each year of the BSc degree or equivalent (official signed and stamped transcripts with explanation of the grading system, and, if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Recommendation letter: Two reference letters (signed and stamped, if possible use the FIPDes form). The letters will be uploaded directly by the referents (University teacher, employer, internship supervisor…) on the online application tool once you have filled in their details and sent the request.
- Proof of English Proficiency: Proof of English level (“B2 level” according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the ways mentioned above.
- Proof of your Place of Residence: a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration rules or a certificate from your place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question, in English (or officially translated into English) and not older than 12 months.
The application procedure for the FIPDes programme is as follows:
- Fill in the online application form and upload the required documents on the online application tool. Please make sure you select the “FIPDes” choice on the drop-down menu when you log in for the first time (after the verification of your email address).
- Wait for the confirmation email that your application has been received and is complete.
- Wait for the pre-selection results, which will be announced by email in March 2024.
- If you are pre-selected, you will be invited to an online interview with the FIPDes Selection Committee in April 2024.
- Wait for the final selection results, which will be announced by email in May 2024.
- If you are selected, you will receive an admission letter and a scholarship offer (if applicable) from the FIPDes Consortium.
- Confirm your acceptance of the admission and the scholarship offer (if applicable) by email within 10 days.
- Prepare your visa and travel arrangements, and get ready to start your FIPDes journey in September 2024.
The deadline for the FIPDes application is January 31, 2024. The online application tool will close at midnight (Paris time) on that date. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
To apply for the FIPDes programme, you need to access the online application tool and follow the instructions provided. You can find the link to the online application tool and more information about the FIPDes programme on the official website. If you have any questions or doubts, you can contact the FIPDes coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.