The David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards are a great opportunity for students who want to enrich their education and broaden their horizons by participating in an international experience in Israel. If you are interested in applying for these awards, don’t hesitate and start preparing your application today. You might be one of the lucky recipients who will receive financial support for your travel, accommodation, and academic expenses.
The David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards are open to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty at the University of Waterloo. To be eligible, you must:
- Have a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level or a minimum 75% average at the graduate level.
- Plan to participate in an international experience in Israel, such as a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, or a study term related to your academic requirements.
- Apply as soon as you are able to confirm the details of your intended experience by one of the following deadlines: July 15, November 15, or March 15.
The value of the awards depends on the type and duration of your international experience. The awards are valued at:
- Up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience.
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience.
- Up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
The awards are intended to cover your travel, accommodation, and academic expenses related to your international experience. The awards are paid in two installments: one before your departure and one after your return.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
To apply for the awards, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Waterloo.
- You must have a valid passport and visa (if required) for traveling to Israel.
- You must have a confirmed offer or acceptance letter from your host organization or institution in Israel.
- You must have a clear academic and personal goal for your international experience.
- You must demonstrate financial need and academic merit.
To apply for the awards, you must submit the following documents:
- A completed International Experience Award Application form.
- A copy of your passport and visa (if required).
- A copy of your offer or acceptance letter from your host organization or institution in Israel.
- A statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) explaining why you want to participate in an international experience in Israel, how it relates to your academic and career goals, and what impact it will have on your personal and professional development.
- A budget plan (maximum one page) outlining your estimated expenses and income for your international experience.
- A transcript of your academic record at the University of Waterloo.
How to Apply
To apply for the awards, you must follow these steps:
- Complete the International Experience Award Application form online or download it from the Student Awards & Financial Aid website.
- Attach all the required documents to your application form.
- Submit your application form and documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Student Awards & Financial Aid, The Centre, Needles Hall, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON N2L 3G1.
- Wait for the notification of the award selection committee. The selection will take place once per term and you will be notified by email if you are successful or not.
The deadlines for applying for the awards are:
- July 15 for fall term experiences.
- November 15 for winter term experiences.
- March 15 for spring term experiences.
You should apply as soon as possible after confirming the details of your international experience. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Official website: David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards