Chulalongkorn University is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Thailand. It offers a wide range of academic programs in various fields of study, from arts and humanities to engineering and medicine. Chulalongkorn University also has a strong commitment to internationalization and academic excellence, as evidenced by its ranking among the top universities in Asia and the world.
If you are an international student who wants to pursue your graduate studies at Chulalongkorn University, you may be interested in applying for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025. These are fully funded scholarships that cover 100% of tuition fees and provide a monthly stipend and accommodation allowance for eligible students. The scholarships are available for master’s and doctoral programs in any discipline offered by the university.
To be eligible for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of an ASEAN or non-ASEAN country (except Thailand).
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for master’s programs, or a master’s degree or equivalent for doctoral programs, from an accredited institution.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 for master’s programs, or 3.5 for doctoral programs, on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- You must have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score, or pass the Chulalongkorn University Test of English Proficiency (CU-TEP), to demonstrate your English language proficiency. The minimum scores are 90 for TOEFL iBT, 6.5 for IELTS, or 80 for CU-TEP.
- You must have a strong academic record and research potential, as evidenced by your transcripts, publications, awards, and recommendations.
- You must have a clear and feasible research proposal that aligns with the research interests and expertise of your prospective supervisor and department at Chulalongkorn University.
- You must not be a current student or a former graduate of Chulalongkorn University.
- You must not be receiving any other scholarships or financial support from any other sources.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
The Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarships that provide the following benefits to the selected students:
- A full waiver of tuition fees and other academic fees for the duration of the program.
- A monthly stipend of 16,000 Baht (approximately 480 USD) for living expenses.
- An accommodation allowance of 10,000 Baht (approximately 300 USD) per month for on-campus housing or off-campus rental.
- A round-trip economy class air ticket from your home country to Thailand, as actually paid, with a maximum amount of 20,000 Baht (approximately 600 USD) for ASEAN countries, or 30,000 Baht (approximately 900 USD) for non-ASEAN countries.
- A health insurance coverage for the duration of the program.
- A thesis or dissertation allowance of 20,000 Baht (approximately 600 USD) for master’s programs, or 40,000 Baht (approximately 1,200 USD) for doctoral programs, upon submission of the final draft.
- A conference or academic visit allowance of 10,000 Baht (approximately 300 USD) per year, upon approval by the scholarship committee.
To apply for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must complete and submit the online application form, which can be accessed from the Graduate School website.
- You must upload the following documents in PDF format to the online application system:
- A copy of your passport or national ID card.
- A copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript for master’s programs, or a copy of your master’s degree certificate and transcript for doctoral programs.
- A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score report, or a certificate of passing the CU-TEP.
- A curriculum vitae or resume, highlighting your academic achievements and research experience.
- A statement of purpose, explaining your motivation, goals, and research interests for pursuing your chosen program at Chulalongkorn University.
- A research proposal, outlining the background, objectives, methodology, expected outcomes, and significance of your proposed research topic.
- Two letters of recommendation from your academic or professional referees, who can attest to your academic performance and research potential.
- A letter of acceptance from your prospective supervisor at Chulalongkorn University, indicating his or her agreement to supervise your research project.
- A portfolio of your previous work or publications, if applicable.
- You must pay a non-refundable application fee of 900 Baht (approximately 27 USD) by credit card or bank transfer.
- You must submit the original copies of your documents by mail or in person to the Graduate School Office of Chulalongkorn University, after completing the online application.
The application procedure for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025 consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Find a suitable program and supervisor. You can browse the list of available programs and departments on the Graduate School website. You can also search for potential supervisors and their research interests on the Research Portal. You should contact your prospective supervisor by email and express your interest in working with him or her. You should also attach your CV, transcript, and research proposal, and request for a letter of acceptance.
- Step 2: Prepare your documents. You should prepare all the required documents as mentioned above, and make sure they are complete, accurate, and up-to-date. You should also proofread and edit your documents for clarity, coherence, and grammar.
- Step 3: Submit your online application. You should access the online application system from the Graduate School website and create an account. You should fill in the application form with your personal and academic information, and upload your documents in PDF format. You should also pay the application fee by credit card or bank transfer. You should review your application before submitting it, and make sure you receive a confirmation email.
- Step 4: Send your original documents. You should print out the application form and the payment receipt, and mail them along with the original copies of your documents to the Graduate School Office of Chulalongkorn University. The address is:
Graduate School Office Chulalongkorn University 254 Phayathai Road Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
You can also deliver your documents in person to the same address. You should make sure your documents arrive before the deadline.
The deadline for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025 varies depending on the program and the semester you are applying for. The general deadlines are as follows:
- For the first semester (August 2024 intake), the deadline is October 15, 2023.
- For the second semester (January 2025 intake), the deadline is April 15, 2024.
You should check the specific deadline for your chosen program on the Graduate School website.
How to Apply
To apply for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025, you should follow the steps outlined above and submit your application online and by mail or in person. You should also keep track of your application status and check your email regularly for any updates or notifications from the Graduate School.
The selection process for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025 is based on the merit and potential of the applicants, as well as the availability of supervisors and funds. The scholarship committee will review and evaluate the applications, and conduct interviews with the shortlisted candidates. The final decision will be announced on the Graduate School website and by email.
If you are accepted for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships 2024-2025, you will receive an official letter of admission and a scholarship contract. You will need to sign and return the contract, and confirm your acceptance of the scholarship offer. You will also need to prepare for your visa, travel, and arrival arrangements, and follow the instructions and guidelines provided by the Graduate School.