Are you a student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in physics, engineering, computing, or mathematics? Do you want to join the world’s largest and most respected scientific research organization and work on cutting-edge projects that advance human knowledge and innovation? If yes, then you should apply for the CERN Technical Student Internship in Switzerland 2024.
The CERN Technical Student Internship is a fully funded international internship opportunity in Switzerland that offers students a unique chance to join the research teams participating in experiments at CERN. The internship duration is 4 to 12 months, and the interns will receive a monthly stipend, travel allowance, health insurance, and paid leave. To be eligible for this internship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State. You can check the list of eligible countries here.
- You must have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (bachelor’s or master’s) in a relevant field such as applied physics, electrical or electronics engineering, general or civil engineering, IT, mathematics, robotics, material and surface science, mechanical engineering, etc.
- You must remain registered as a full-time student during your internship at CERN.
- You must have a good knowledge of English or French.
The CERN Technical Student Internship is a fully funded internship program that covers all the expenses of the selected interns. The financial benefits include:
- A contract of work of 4 to 12 months on a CERN project.
- A stipend of 3305 CHF per month (net of tax).
- Economy class round air ticket to and from Geneva.
- Health and medical insurance.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
You Can Also Check This Out: Nokia Foundation Scholarships in Finland for International Student 2023/2024
To apply for the CERN Technical Student Internship, you need to have the following requirements:
- A CV that highlights your academic achievements, skills, and interests.
- A most recent academic transcript that shows your grades and courses.
- A reference letter from your university professor that attests to your academic performance and potential. The reference letter needs to be uploaded by you while completing the online application form.
- A motivation letter that explains why you want to join CERN, what are your expectations from the internship, and how it will benefit your future career.
The following documents are required for the CERN Technical Student Internship application:
- A scanned copy of your passport or national identity card.
- A scanned copy of your student card or certificate of enrollment from your university.
- A scanned copy of your diploma or degree certificate if you have already graduated.
You Can Also Check This Out: Artificial Intelligence Scholarships 2023/2024 at University of Bradford in UK
How to Apply
To apply for the CERN Technical Student Internship in Switzerland 2024, follow the link below and complete the online application form. For more information about the internship program, you can visit the official website of CERN here.
The deadline to apply for the CERN Technical Student Internship is November 6th 2023. The applications are reviewed three times a year by a panel of CERN experts in February, June, and October. On each occasion, typically 80 students are selected to join the program.
Scholarship Official website: CERN Technical Student Internship in Switzerland 2024